Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Comfort of Costumes.


Halloween just passed us by. And along with it came a host of pictures on Facebook, of people dressed up in all sorts of costumes. The variety was unbelievable and there was a host of characters one could see. There were witches and cowboys, there were famous personalities like Amy Winehouse and Slipknot. I wonder what it is about costume parties that really a GETS person. I, for one, really don’t like costume parties. I think it just boils down to the fact that I am purely lazy. I don’t like taking the effort to think of innovative costumes, and then actually getting hold of those costumes.

But there are so many people who get unimaginably excited at the prospect of a costume party, people who take innovation to the next level. And it always makes me wonder, WHY someone would have such enthusiasm. I think it’s because people love the idea of not being themselves for a little while. Even if JUST for a few hours, they can be whoever they want to be. Forgetting about the mundane issues of life, and just living out another being and another character. How many times have you thought to yourself, however briefly, about wanting to escape this life and live another? Well, Halloween (or any other costume party for that matter) is an opportunity to do just that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment