Monday, September 6, 2010

The newness of things.

People always say that the best things in life are the ones that are intangible. I respectfully disagree. Not ALL of the best things in life are intangible. Yes, happiness does come from immeasurable avenues, but imagine walking out of a store with a brand new item. The joy that comes from owning something new is incomparable. Personally, I am not a big fan of shopping. I find it extremely boring, which a lot of people find very weird. But even I go through the process of shopping solely for the end result of owning something pretty and new.

Anything new gives the purchaser joy that cannot be described. It could be the tiniest pair of earrings, which just makes you feel good about yourself. It could be a new shade of lipstick, which you cannot wait to begin using. It could be clothes, shoes, bags, ANYTHING. It could also be inspiring, owning new things. I mean, if Paulo Nutini wrote an entire song about the joy that new shoes bring him, somebody like you and I could most definitely incorporate that joy into our own preferred form of art.

0 comments:

Post a Comment