Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Nostalgic reminders.

Today, I woke up singing the teapot song. It was a random thing stuck in my head, one of those that take very long to get out of your head once they get in. Anyway, for those of you who don’t know/can’t remember what the teapot song is, here it is:

“I'm a little teapot, short and stout
Here is my handle, here is my spout
When I get all steamed up, hear me shout
Tip me over and pour me out!”

Did that ring a bell? Yes, I’m sure it did. And I’m sure along with that bell, it even rang up some precious memories of your childhood. It did, didn’t it? This is just one of those things. Wondering what “those things” are? Well, let’s see. It’s like word association, where one word instantly reminds you of another. Similarly, there are some things that instantly remind you of a phase in your life. It could be a song that reminds you of your teenage years, it could be a nursery rhyme (such as this one) that reminds you of your childhood, a movie to remind you of your first love, an eatery that reminds you of your best friend. It could be the clothes that you wear, the books that you read. Nostalgia is an old friend, that lingers in everything that we possess.

0 comments:

Post a Comment